API Abroad is a study abroad provider that has been approved by the University of Pittsburgh. You can learn more about API Abroad here.
The programs and locations below have been vetted to ensure that they meet the health, safety, security and academic standards that Pitt requires.
- API Cork
- API Dublin
- API Dubrovnik
- API Galway
We recognized that, in some cases, you may find a program from API Abroad or another provider that meets your academic, professional, or personal goals but the program is not on the approved lists. In these cases, you may petition to have your program recognized, allowing you to follow the normal study abroad process, receive study abroad credit, use financial aid (if applicable) and receive coverage under the University's international health insurance.
Before you begin the petition process, please understand the following:
- The Director of Pitt Global Experiences will review your program petition and his decision is final.
- Program petitions will only be approved for academic reasons. Program petitions will not be approved for other reasons, such as wanting to study abroad with a friend from another University.
- If you program petition is approved, you will be required to complete a study abroad application by the due dates outlined for your term.
- With that in mind, please submit your program petition at least two weeks before the application deadline.
If you are applying to a Pitt-recognized program (PRP), you must work concurrently on the internal Pitt application that you create at www.globalexperiences.pitt.edu and on your program provider’s application through their respective websites. You can’t move forward without completing both applications. While program providers’ application deadlines are often later than our internal Pitt deadline, you have to finish the Pitt application’s pre-decision steps by our internal deadline. A Pitt GEO Advisor will ensure that both your GPA and your disciplinary record allow your status to be changed to “nominated” on your Pitt application. The actual acceptance to your PRP comes from the provider only after you are nominated by Pitt. Reach out to your Pitt GEO Advisor with any questions. We are here to help!
For general Pitt-Recognized Program advising and course approval, please reach out to your school's advisor:
- Nursing - Lucinda Morgan
- Arts and Sciences - Leslie Ann Smedley
- Business - Rick Moslen
- Engineering - Lauren Smith-Lemesh
- Honors - Bryan Schultz
- Pitt Bradford - TBD
- Pitt Greensburg - TBD
- Pitt Johnstown - TBD
*If you do not see your school/department listed here, please email email@example.com and we will connect you with the appropriate advisor.