IAESTE provides international professional opportunities for students in the technical fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Architecture). Participants complete internships at host institutions ranging from large multinational corporations to university research centers to startups. All IAESTE participants receive a stipend that generally covers at least the cost of living –housing, transportation and food – in their host city. Housing/accommodation assistance and other administrative services, such as assistance with the visa process, are provided by the local IAESTE organization in the respective host country. Additional in-country support is provided by a network of local student-volunteers, who organize cultural activities and assist with logistics.
IAESTE internship locations differ every year depending on company needs. The list at the right lists a few of the locations from the past few years; this is not a complete list nor does it reflect the current placements. Rather this list is a sample of past locations only.
- Pitt Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. student in good standing
- Academic Standing: Applicants should have attained junior-level standing or above by the time the internship begins. Sophomores may also apply, but should include some relevant internship or lab experience as part of their application. Graduating seniors and recent graduates are only eligible for work authorization in certain countries, and are encouraged to speak with the program team before submitting an application.
- Major: Technical field of study, including but not limited to all engineering fields, computer science, architecture, natural and physical sciences, or agricultural sciences.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Costs: Please check with the provider's website. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
You will apply to both Pitt's online application on this website, and also apply directly to IAESTE here. The IAESTE deadline and Pitt application and deadline are NOT the same. Deadlines for IAESTE differ depending on the individual internship. Please contact Chandra Colaresi in SSOE for more details. Please not that in order to see the full list of available internships, you must register with IAESTE and pay a $100 registration fee.
Hi! My name is Chandra, and I am a Global and Engineering Professional Development Consultant in the Swanson School of Engineering. My professional background is in communications and policy, but I have been lucky enough to study or work in England, Scotland, France, and Belgium. Please contact me if you are interested in global research, co-op, or internship opportunities as well as the Global Supply Networks program. Let’s discuss all the exciting options you have to see the world during your time at Pitt!
Schedule an appointment
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select Study Abroad Virtual Advising as the Location
- Select Study Abroad Program Specific Questions as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!