Spend three months conducting research at Ort Braude College of Engineering in Karmi'el Israel. Ort Braude College is an engineering-focused school dedicated to teaching and research, along with working in cooperation with industry.
The city of Karmi’el is located in the region of Galilee in norther Israel. Surrounded by mountains and rocky hills, the area is known for its verdant landscapes, abundant wildlife, and remarkable archeological sites. In recent years, Galilee has also been recognized as a center of science, technology, and industry. In addition to the Ort Braude College of Engineering, the region has become a hub for numerous high-tech companies. Students will be able to experience this dynamic environment as they work with faculty supervisors to complete real-world engineering projects in association with leading Israeli companies.
The Ort Braude Summer Research website provides more information on the program. This brochure provides additional general information on research at Ort Braude. University of Pittsburgh students should confer with the Swanson School of Engineering's Global Experiences and Engagement Office and website for specific information, which may differ from the general information provided by the Ort Braude College of Engineering.
This program runs 8-12 weeks beginning in early May. Student researchers will have some flexibility regarding their start and end dates.
- Pitt student in good academic and behavioral standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be in rising junior or senior status at the time of application
watch a video about our Pitt students at Ort Braude!
Costs for the program:
Approximate costs for Summer 2023 are below. These are in USD and may fluctuate depending on exchange rate.
These costs paid directly to Ort Braude:
- International student housing for three months (~$350/month, pro-rated depending on the length of your research program)
- Optional city bus/train pass (~$62/month)
These costs are approximate and may fluctuate based on individual student spending.
- Airfare (~$1,500-$2,000)
- Meals (~$500)
- Personal expenses ($~500)
- Statement of research interest (relating to top 1-3 projects offered)
- Official transcript - including Fall 2022 grades. To order an official transcript, please visit the website for the Office of the University Registrar.
- Courses in which you are enrolled for Spring 2023
- Recommendation letter from Pitt faculty member
Hi! My name is Chandra, and I am a Global and Engineering Professional Development Consultant in the Swanson School of Engineering. My professional background is in communications and policy, but I have been lucky enough to study or work in England, Scotland, France, and Belgium. Please contact me if you are interested in global research, co-op, or internship opportunities as well as the Global Supply Networks program. Let’s discuss all the exciting options you have to see the world during your time at Pitt!
Schedule an appointment
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select Study Abroad Virtual Advising as the Location
- Select Study Abroad Program Specific Questions as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!