Pitt Global Experiences has created a list of approved programs from recognized third-party providers. These programs have been vetted to ensure that they meet the health, safety, security, and academic standards that Pitt requires. However, we recognize that in some cases you may find a program not currently on our list that meets your academic, professional, or personal goals. In these cases, you may petition to have your program approved, allowing you to follow the normal study abroad process, receive study abroad credit, use financial aid (if applicable) and receive coverage under the University's international health insurance.
Before you begin the petition process, please understand the following:
- The Director of the Global Experiences Office will review your program petition and that decision is final.
- Program petitions will only be approved for academic reasons. As such, you must discuss the program with your departmental academic advisor to ensure that credits will be accepted toward your major, minor or area studies certificate
- If your program petition is approved, you will be required to complete a global experiences application by the due dates outlined for your term
- With that in mind, please submit your program petition at least two weeks before the application deadline. Late petitions will not be reviewed.
2022 - 2023 Program Petition and Application Deadlines
- Program Petition - September 18
- Global Experiences Application - October 2
- Program Petition - February 12
- Global Experiences Application - February 26
- Program Petition - March 12
- Global Experiences Application - March 26